- Testing Time: 30 minutes (15 for each section)
- Norm-referenced: standard scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents.
- MAVA Complete Kit: Examiner's Manual, Receptive Vocabulary Stimulus Easel, Expressive Vocabulary Stimulus Easel, Receptive Vocabulary, Record Forms (30), Expressive Vocabulary Record Forms (30), and Tote bag. (2008)
- Qualification Level: A
Save money with Dr. Judy Montgomery’s all-in-one expressive and receptive vocabulary test!
Research tells us that children with large, rich vocabularies have better verbal, reading, and writing skills. MAVA evaluates a child’s knowledge of basic (tier one), high frequency (tier two), and curriculum-based (tier three) words. This assessment includes, up-to-date word choices, full-color illustrations, and everything else you need to evaluate the listening and speaking vocabulary of children ages 3;0–12;11.
Valid And Reliable
The standardization samples for the MAVA included over 1,300 children for the receptive test and over 1,200 for the expressive test. Test-retest, inter-rater reliability, and concurrent validity are all very high and over .90. In comparing the tests of the MAVA to the Receptive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test and the Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test, we found that the tests examine similar skills.
MAVA Complete Kit
- Receptive Vocabulary Stimulus Easel
- Expressive Vocabulary Stimulus Easel
- Receptive Vocabulary Record Forms (30)
- Expressive Vocabulary Record Forms (30)
- Examiner's Manual
- Tote Bag
to view FAQs about MAVA